Thursday, May 14, 2009

Calm My Anxious Heart

I have become friends with another parent from my daughters pre-k class. She mentioned that several of her friends were having a Bible Study with the book, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. I remembered the title, but kind of got a little busy and never purchased the book. Last weekend, I was at my friends Jennifer's house and she had the book - YEAH!!!! My lazy self, didn't have to find it or go to the library (how pathetic!).



My walk with the Lord began a little less than three years ago. I accepted Jesus Christ as Saviour in August 2006. The peace of knowing the Holy Spirit has come into my life is amazing. There is such comfort and joy knowing that I am secure in Jesus's arms. I am a sinner saved by God's Grace just like everyone else, but I wanted to share some insight from Calm My Anxious Heart. It is nice to talk this out in words, so I am going to ramble a little about the book. Feel free to continue to read and comment if you would like.

BEING CONTENT



What does being content mean? I have a hard time giving my struggles, challenges, situations over to God. It is something I am trying to learn and to train myself to think in a different way. Chapter two is called Content with Circumstances. I am fortunate to have Christian role models in my life that demonstrate what this truly means. I have friends that struggle in their marriage, financially, or one couple has twins that struggled for life the first 6 months of their lives. The particular Christian role models I am thinking of all give it to God.They pray and ask God for guidance and His will to be fulfilled in the lives. I am not saying they don't cry and have hardships, but they trust God. This is something I am having a hard time doing, surrendering to God's will. I am going to use this bible study and really try hard to pray first before reacting to circumstances in my life. I will have a greater peace if I continue this practice and make it a part of my life. My focus is to change my perspective and look at the positives in each area of my life or things that come up. I am also a worrier (if that is a word), I am going to pray for calmness and guidance in my heart over the things I cannot control and the things I worry about.

Okay, so I really want to live for Jesus. I am stating these things publically and if you know me and want to keep me accountable, please do so. I will keep you posted on the book and any information I need to talk about.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such personal thoughts and feelings.

    It's so true though. When you try and go through life on your own, it is too hard. When you turn to the Lord and ask for His help and His guidance, He will be there to help you. He will always be there. Turning to Him brings peace to my life. That is my testimony also.

    ReplyDelete