Saturday, May 23, 2009

Great Weekend...

It feels like the weekend should be over due to all of the fun we have had the last day and a half and we still have 2 days to go. Friday was Flynn Family Fun Night. What is Flynn Family Fun Night? Well, I took my three little fish to the YMCA to go swimming. As Kenna says, " I am begging you!" She has been begging me to go swimming since we came back from our Florida trip. They are doing so well swimming these days. Kaeden enjoys swimming underwater, Kenna dog paddles like crazy and Kendyl loves to go underwater. Flynn Family Fun Night involves mommy creating a menu, tickets for the evening, the kids going to blockbuster picking out a movie and then coming home and mommy is the waitress with a silly accent. Kendyl kept saying I was mommy, not the silly girl. It was fun. The picture depicts Kendyl at the end of our evening:

Today was a fabulous Memorial Weekend Saturday! The weather in the Pacific Northwest couldn't have been nicer. It was in the low 70s, which is perfect, especially for most of the homes around here that don't have air conditioning. I was privileged to watch my niece and nephew today while my sis and her wonderful husband took off for the day to watch some baseball. We had the Conklin Family over for a lunch barbecue. We got out Kaeden and Kenna's new slip and slide. All of the kiddos had fun, even Shawn and I got in the mix. Then, we headed off to my parents house for another one (and tomorrow too!). It is Kaeden's actualy birthday today - 7 years old!! He had his party on May 2nd with Kenna. We had a mini celebration at my parents tonight. It was nice and Kaeden was really excited about the cool presents he received.
Tatum
Ty
Shawn & Kaeden Slippin and sliding, mom's next!

My dad locked Kaeden up in the dog crate - HELP!
Our family friends had their grandson, Jordan with them at my parents. He's a future Mariners pitcher.

We hope you are enjoying your weekend!

















3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for watching my kiddos today. Ty and Tatum had so much fun with the Auntie, Uncle and cousins today, they are exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, Flynn Family Fun Night sounds awesome! I read this to Kyle and we both think it will be a fun tradition to start when we have kids. Hope Memorial Day went just as well as the weekend did. Love ya!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good mom. Cute pics too. My favorite is you diving for the slip and slide. So funny.

    ReplyDelete